AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Membership
AmeriCorps, a federal agency, brings people together to tackle the country’s most pressing challenges, through national service and volunteering. AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers, individuals 55 years and older, serve with organizations dedicated to the improvement of communities.
Volunteering actually helps keep your brain strong, especially for aging adults. Recent studies showed that volunteering can:
AmeriCorps Seniors recognizes the important contribution of each member. Our policy is to make the public aware of the service provided by AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteers through on-going publicity programs. A cumulative record of time contributed to all AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Volunteer Sites is kept on file in our office. Active volunteers are recognized yearly in a variety of ways.
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Event
- Birthday Cards
- Special Give-away Drawings
- News for You - A quarterly newsletter provided to all AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteers includes articles about volunteers, the community, Volunteer Sites and other information of interest to AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteers
- Spotlight on Service - A bi-quarterly communication highlighting active AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers, how they serve and are make a difference
AmeriCorps Seniors provides No-Cost Insurance Protection Service to all volunteers. All AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers are automatically covered by this insurance once you’ve enrolled in the AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program. The Insurance Program includes three forms of coverage:
- Excess Accidental Medical Coverage. This coverage is in excess of any other health insurance that you have in place.
- Excess Volunteer liability Insurance. For all registered volunteers, this policy provides protection if you are liable for bodily injury or property damage arising out of the performance of your duties during our volunteer assignment.
- Excess Automobile Liability Insurance. This coverage provides protection for you as a registered volunteer driver while performing our duties. This coverage protects you for bodily injury or property damage claims arising out of the operation of your vehicle, during our volunteer assignment.
AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteers may be reimbursed for mileage driven in their own cars while performing specific volunteer assignments. Currently, reimbursement is only being provided for meal delivery and senior transportation drivers when funding is available.
To find a new volunteer opportunity contact the AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Manager .