CHiL Afterschool Tutoring
Founded to prevent at risk youth from joining gangs, CHiL facilitates successful transitions to high school through volunteer-based tutoring. The afterschool program bolsters improved grade performance and social and emotional learning at the middle schools in Wheeling Township’s Community Consolidated School District 21—Cooper, Holmes, and London. CHiL serves a high-need population with 76% of the students qualifying for free or reduced-price lunch. In addition, 44% of the students served by the program are English language learners.
CHiL is recruiting dedicated community members to provide homework help from September through March.
Every dollar we raise translates to measurable results that support our goal of preparing underprivileged youth to succeed in high school academically, emotionally, and socially.
- 90% of students achieved a “C” average or higher
- 96% demonstrated satisfactory school attendance
- 93% met Social and Emotional Learning standards
- 85% of students achieved a “C” average or higher
- 95% demonstrated satisfactory school attendance
- 81% met Social and Emotional Learning standards
Contact Jess Park at email@example.com for more information.