Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Survivor Life Line MENTOR
WINGS Survivor Life Line (SLL) program matches compassionate SLL Mentors with survivors of intimate partner violence who are leaving domestic violence shelters and moving into homes and apartments. SLL Mentors will provide empowering services including budgeting assistance, bridges to eligible community resources and compassionate encouragement.
Location: This program is located in an undisclosed location in the Chicago region.
Time: Weekly time requirements will vary and will usually range from 2-5 hours per month based on a mutually convenient time with your schedule and those of the mentee.
Staff Partner: Survivor Life Line Coordinator
Commitment: Requesting a commitment to volunteer weekly for at least six months.
- Completion of 20 hour Domestic Violence Training and background check.
- Mentors must be a survivor of Intimate Partner Violence.
- Any personal experience with domestic violence should be more than one (1) year prior to applying for this volunteer opportunity. (exceptions can be made at the discretion of the Interim Director of Community Based and Suburban Safe House Services).
- You want to use your time and abilities to be a part of the journey to end domestic violence and empower survivors.
- You have good communication skills and enjoy speaking with others.
- You feel comfortable working with people in a diverse environment in regards to social-economic status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and religion.
- You are compassionate.
- You have strong personal boundaries.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: