Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Meals on Wheels Packer
WHO WE ARE
Meals on Wheels Northeastern Illinois (MWNEI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization offering home delivered meals to the homebound and disabled without regard to age or economic status. MWNEI delivers meals throughout Northeastern Illinois. MWNEI has built a new kitchen to provide daily, fresh meal deliveries to our clients. MWNEI is looking for volunteers who want to make a difference in their communities and are the driving force behind the organization.
Everyday hundreds of delicious meals are prepared for homebound individuals throughout Northeastern Illinois. We are looking for individuals who are willing to package these meals with an eye for detail. Training will be provided on site. All Volunteers who work in the kitchen will report to the Food Service Director who will instruct on portion size and presentation. ServSafe food handler training is required and will be provided to all Meal Packers by MWNEI.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an organized, clean, and sterile environment.
- Must be willing to assist in kitchen maintenance tasks as well as inventory control.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner.
- Reserve enough time to complete shift from 8am-12pm and be prepared to sub if a Meal Delivery Driver does not show up.
- Easy going and able to assist in other areas when needed.
Volunteer Teams choose one recurring day of the week.
Shifts Available: Monday-Saturday (including Holidays)
Time: 8AM – 12PM (approximately 4-5 hours)
Certification: All Kitchen Volunteers will be required to take a food handler certification course prior to starting. Online training will be provided, and monthly online quizzes are required. Certification links will be emailed to you.
Express Interest for more information or use the link to email opportunity leader.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: