Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Advocate - McHenry County
The Role of an Advocate is to provide support to our 24/7 crisis hotline. This includes answering hotline calls, responding to all 3 hospitals in the CARE Center’s service area, and providing documentation within a timely manner. The CARE Center is a Satellite office of the Northwest CASA. Advocates work directly with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
24/7 Hotline Crisis Intervention:
- Answer calls during assigned shifts
- Hotline Crisis Calls – Individuals looking for immediate help
- Hotline Information/Referral calls – Individuals looking for information on resources available to them
- Hospital Calls – Survivors needing an advocate in the hospital setting
- Work closely with survivors in a hospital setting
- Provide emotional support and information about resource available to survivors
- Fill out paperwork in a timely manner
- Attend Volunteer Recruitment Events if interested and able to
- Attend General outreach events and functions if interested and able to
- Support NWCASA by attending events and fundraiser
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues
- Ability to deal sensitively with victims of sexual violence and their significant others
- Public speaking abilities
- Able to work independently and to prioritize/organize tasks
- Ability to provide own transportation
- Ability to reach all 3 hospitals within the state mandated 1 hour.
- Northwestern Huntley
- Northwestern McHenry
- Nothwestern Woodstock
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Allyson Schnoor
Hours per Month: Minimum of 24 hours, 4 shifts of 6 hours
Minimum 1 year commitment after training.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: