Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Employment or Career Counseling
The Center of Concern is seeking a volunteer to provide encouragement, training and assistance to people who are in job transition or seeking work; many of them are experienced and older workers returning to the workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide encouragement to potential job seekers.
2. Help clients with resume preparation.
3. Assist with identifying online job search opportunities.
4. Provide feedback on networking, interviewing and presentation skills.
5. Particular emphasis on helping experienced and older workers returning to the workforce.
6. Networking with potential employers to list job openings with the Center of Concern.
1. Human Resources / Personnel background would be helpful.
2. Ability to relate to people in an empathic manner.
3. Writing skills including the ability to give feedback on resume writing.
One morning or afternoon per week though every other week arrangements can be considered. Mondays or Wednesdays are preferred days.
This is a Skill Based Volunteer (SBV) opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: