Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Habitat ReStore Elgin
ReStore Elgin is a resale store, open to the public, carrying new and gently used building materials, appliances and furniture. Sales of donated merchandise generates proceeds that go to build Habitat homes in our area.
We need volunteers to help at every phase of the operation. You select the day and times (as little as 4 hours). The types of activities where we need volunteers:
- Processing donations: cleaning donations (not greasy, just dusty), some items require assembly, every item must be priced before going to the sales floor
- Sales Floor: Move merchandise from processing area, put in correct location on sales floor, assist customers
- Warehouse: unload donations from vehicles; help customers load purchases into their own vehicles; place furniture and cabinets on selling floor; assist in managing space in warehouse
- Custodial: offices, conference room, break room and restrooms are used by customers, staff and volunteers so these areas need to be clean and presentable everyday.
- Minimum age: 14 and 15 year old serving with parent/guardian. 16 and 17 year old parent/guardian not required. Waiver of Liability for Minors must be signed by parent/guardian for all under 18 years
- Shifts: you pick your shift. Serve as little as 4 hours 9 AM to 1 PM or 1 PM to 5 PM
- Dress code: jeans or slacks; tee shirt (no message on shirt, no tank tops or mid-drifts); closed-toe shoes
- Training: sign up for required “New to ReStore” Orientation Training for each ReStore assignment is provided
- Court ordered Community Service: ReStore accepts those individuals that need to complete 30 hours or more. ReStore does not accept those that have committed the following offenses: Retail Theft, Shoplifting, Burglary, Domestic or Physical Abuse, Animal Cruelty, Possession of Illegal Drugs with Intent to Distribute. Bring your court documents with you when you attend "New to ReStore" Orientation.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: