Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Senior Citizens Benefits Aide: Federal, State and Civic Assistance Programs
SENIOR CITIZENS BENEFITS AIDE
Assist Seniors to Obtain Benefits to Maintain Their Independence
Kenneth Young Center is a non-profit provider of community mental health and senior services. We provide support services to local senior citizens, families, and children who are facing crisis and difficult transitions.
As a Benefits Aide, you need to be very comfortable working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and the Internet. You will work with local senior citizens and their loved ones to explain and assist them in completing State, Federal and civic benefits program applications. We will train volunteers on the benefits application process so you do not have to have prior knowledge of state/federal benefits. However, previous experience is HIGHLY DESIRED! A few key points:
- Volunteers need to provide their own vehicles, as they may be traveling to senior's apartments in Elk Grove and Schaumburg Townships.
- Volunteers must be available to perform services during normal business hours.
- Training is done off-site during normal work-week and may take 2 to 4 days for completion.
- GREAT opportunity for recently retired professionals.
- This is a Skill Based Volunteer (SBV) Opportunity.
[Kenneth Young Center is a JCAHO-accredited agency with over 40 years of service to our local community. We help families, teens, children and older adults feel good, do better, and find solutions.]
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: