Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:21+
WEEKDAY Elk Grove or Schaumburg Township Home Delivered Meals Drivers
Weekday Regular-Route Drivers Needed
for Elk Grove and/or Schaumburg Townships
YOU can help older adults remain independent in their own homes!
Our Home-Delivered Meals program makes a big difference in an older adult’s life. Last year drivers delivered over 36,000 meals to at-risk, home-bound, older adults in Elk Grove and Schaumburg Townships. Home-Delivered Meals are delivered three days a week (no weekend deliveries). Most drivers take one route per week (Mondays, Wednesdays and/or Fridays) for about two hours per route. Rest assured, we do try to work as best we can with your schedule.
- The Meals program is not just about dropping off boxed- or bagged-meals. It is intended to enhance older adults’ safety through wellness checks and to provide some sort of human contact throughout the week.
- You use your vehicle to provide hot and nutritious meals, wellness checks and a friendly smile to home-bound older adults.
- Routes are kept within 10 miles of your location in Elk Grove Township and/or Schaumburg Townships.
- Every meal delivered by a volunteer offers Kenneth Young Center staff the opportunity to increase the quality and amount of their time they can spend with participants in our Older Adult programs.
(Kenneth Young Center is a local, community mental health and older adult services provider. For over 50 years, we are a safety net for our neighbors in need. We respectfully serve the most vulnerable people in our area, those coping with mental illness and older adults dealing with life's difficult transitions. Visit our website at www.kennethyoung.org for more information.)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: