Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Student Service Community Service--Mental Health and Wellness 5K Run Walk
Student Service or Community Service Project
Mental health and wellness are reflected in one’s ability to have fulfilling relationships, successfully adapt to change, and coping with adversity. Mental health problems like depression, anxiety and family conflict keep us from mental wellness. Kenneth Young Center is here to serve you and your community to “help people feel good, do better, and find solutions.”
Let’s GET STARTED!
To be able to speak comfortably about mental health and wellness and services that are available to help people find solutions and live better lives.
Go to the Kenneth Young Center (KYC) website and research:
Mental health and wellness, and how it affects one’s life
KYC as an organization, i.e., our history and outreach
The variety of service plans available through KYC, as well as other private and government-based resources
- Create a 10-second “elevator-speech” about KYC to educate people about us and our services.
- Promote the HUSTLE for HEALTH Run/Walk by sharing:
- The Run is 5K in length, and it is timed (fees are applied for official “chip-times”)
- The Walk is 3.1 miles (5K) in length, and a donation is requested)
- Conveniently located at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village
- Family friendly--
- Food, music, games and activities are included
- Pet friendly--
- Bring your four-footed friends—all must be on a leash
- Get at least five (5) Team Leaders to join in on the fun at Kenneth Young Center’s annual Run/Walk for Mental Health and Senior Services
- Each Team Leader should know what Kenneth Young Center does and whom we serve in the community
- Each Team Leader is responsible for bringing in at least three more people to join their team
If you wish to participate in this Service-Hours program—Express Interest below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: