Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Development/Community Outreach Intern (Offsite)
Shelter, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization that provides community-based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
The Development/Community Outreach Intern will work directly with the development staff and report to the Volunteer Coordinator. The Intern will assist with community outreach initiatives, research, grant research, volunteer recognition/management, and special event assistance. This is a part-time, offsite internship, allowing for flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home. All internships are unpaid.
This is a Skill Based Volunteer (SBV) opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain lists of potential donors, volunteer groups, and community events.
- Research Grant Proposals
- Design flyers for events & promotion of volunteer activities
- Special Event assistance (event planning, promoting, and set-up)
- Attend volunteer fairs on behalf of Shelter
- Attend community events to speak about Shelter & our services
*Other Duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Nonprofit Management or related field
- Detail oriented, strong initiative, works well independently
- Experience with nonprofits is helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Time Commitment: We will work with educational institution to meet academic requirements if needed.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: