Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Friendly Visit Volunteer for Seniors
Assist senior participants throughout DuPage County in a safe and timely manner with small tasks and friendly companionship.
• Perform small tasks for the senior participant – take out the garbage, change light bulbs, assist with moving heavy items/furniture, bring in the mail, put up or take down seasonal decorations, etc.
• Provide conversation and social interaction and brief moments of companionship
• Observe each senior participant at the time of the friendly visit – follow up with DCSS’s Daily Well-Being Check-up procedures and initiate action and/or follow-up
• Report to DSCC if participant does not answer the door
• Must have vehicle with valid driver’s license plates, insurance and driver’s license • Must be able to read a map and follow directions
All volunteers must attend volunteer orientation and have a background check.
This position is non-clinical and does not involve physical contact with the senior participant or involve transportation or the senior participant.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: